Exp too powerful?

Discussion / Announcement area for Good Old Days II Core development.
Grim_Reaper_4u

Post by Grim_Reaper_4u »

pkk wrote:
QUOTE (pkk @ Sep 13 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
15k to research minigun2/3? huh.gif

That might work but only if you remove mini2 as a treasure wink.gif Personally i also think we should rethink the HTT and make it a heavy bomber type ship which can cap bases and not a stealthy base capper. If you wanna HTT --> basecamp and send in a heavily nanned and also eyed htt.

Slowing down game play by making tech more expensive and removing treasures is a good idea. 12 minute heavies are ridiculous, i don't want to see any adv tech before the 30 minute mark and maybe even the 45 minute mark. All this rushing of cheeze tech is making peeps forget the basics. cool.gif
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Alternatively you could add in techs to Exp that make it more comparable to sup/tac.

Something like the EoR Armour plating (non-recharging shields for ints) alongside a hull reduction - Equivalent to SS ups.

Give ints a different class of booster to sup with upgrades in Exp.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
apochboi

Post by apochboi »

Hmmm, I just want to say one thing, Lxy figs suck for giga, extra gunmount and more sig ?!..no hull improvement. Kinda waste of cash really. Thats my only issue wink.gif
Adept

Post by Adept »

Bob The Hobo wrote:
QUOTE (Bob The Hobo @ Aug 2 2007, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if you just removed the int's scan range entirely. Thus they can only kill things in their own sectors or with scouts as eyes or pulse probes. Even if they ram the miner on the rock they still can't see it.

Just a short comment. INTs feel deaf and blind already. It would really, really suck if they lost all scan.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Adept

Post by Adept »

apochboi wrote:
QUOTE (apochboi @ Sep 21 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm, I just want to say one thing, Lxy figs suck for giga, extra gunmount and more sig ?!..no hull improvement. Kinda waste of cash really. Thats my only issue wink.gif

Seconded. For the money that should be a fighter that can take on an interceptor 1 vs. 1.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Ozricosis

Post by Ozricosis »

Fighters aren't meant to be a one on one ship. TEAMWORK! laugh.gif
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.