Now Presenting...

Discussion / Announcement area for VoSCore development.
Gappy

Post by Gappy »

As I've promised for the last couple of months, I've been developing a new, seriously balanced core, the Valley of Saturns core is finally ready for public testing and release. The core is based laregly off of A+, DN, with some GoD influence, and my own unique changes.

The overall balance philosophy for the core is that every faction + techpath combination should be equally viable in a pickup game, as these are what 95% of all games are. In addition, the update cycle for the core will be balance updates roughly every month to 2 months normally, with any obvious imbalances fixed as soon as it becomes apparent just how broken they are. Lastly, the main method of balancing will be to either introduce new perks to compensate for weaknesses, or nerfs to compensate for strengths; I don't believe in taking away already existing perks or nerfs, and tending toward squarecore. The idea is for each faction to be different, but balanced.

As far as ownership of the core is concerned, anyone is available to take any work that I have done on my core, and change it as they see fit, as long as you don't try and use the VoSCore name. For now, I will remain the primary caretaker, with Terralthra stepping in for me whenever work takes me away.

See these other posts for further information on the core.

Difference log from DN 4.60

Buglist
Last edited by Gappy on Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've upped our standards. Up yours.