The Deep Blue

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

its Been a long road

Posted by barricuda, Jun 14 2010, 12:42 PM

my its been a long road for me an aleg...
a wile back i stop playing as i had a freak accident. damm tree doped on my car breaking my back and neck and its been a slow recovery and return to normal mobility but with only 2 vertebra fused im back to 100% after getting home in order( i do have a child to mind) i decided to play alleg again.
well ive learned a few thing quick

1. alleg had not changed one bit

2. i had a few brushes with my squad ill leave at that but ive resigned from the Borg. they walk another path than i do and believe it or not NAB it has nothing to do with your levels of activity or strength...hell i was with SRM until the break well after we could barely field a team. no its just im not a fit for them anymore so i think ill fly it my own.

3. commanding...i know my commanding sucks badly, a fact shiz hammers me with every time. i only command for the fun of doing so. afterall a game is supposed to be fun, yes? but lately ive thought i truly should get it together. so ive made a hard effort to scrap everything i know about commanding and start over. ive been lookin over the wiki for ACS and ive got all of that data printed and around my dest taped to the wall...looks horrible but if you want to learn...im determined to improve my skill at commanding and im trying to seek sponsorship from some current commands of note but ive received no replys...i didnt think i would...after all who has time to help a vet whos played from AZ days and STILL sucks ? but ill plug away at it and who knows? any improvement at this point is better than nil.

4. of coarse my faction models were lost over time YET AGAIN. this isisnt always a bad thing. each time i remodel them it gets nicer, i still wish i had help texturing them. i sue wings 3d to export to milkshape...i can texture in wings 3d but i dont thing its the right way to do this. in any case ill be going back to the drawing board and re creating models yet again. i guess im waiting in inspiration to strike me on how i want to theme them...well see but i think my modeling skill is better than it used to be

all in all its been a rocky return but ill do my best to improve myself and make a + contribution over all...

wish me luck!

Comments

badp, Jun 14 2010, 02:02 PM

Ouch, that tree must have been a close call. Nice to see you're in one piece still smile.gif

PS: Did I mention SF is always hiring? ninja.gif

notjarvis, Jun 14 2010, 06:23 PM

Welcome Back!

And as Requested - I wish you good luck.

Death3D, Jun 14 2010, 09:27 PM

Weird thing is accident probably got you one step closer to borgdom, but you decide to walk away.

Interesting. *caresses own chin*

barricuda, Jun 14 2010, 09:55 PM

Very interesting...with pins and rods in my spine/neck i think I barly excaped true assimilation

Raveen, Jun 15 2010, 03:16 AM

The $6M Barri?

Good to hear you're feeling better Barri, sounds like a horrible accident that could have been a lot worse.

Adept, Jun 15 2010, 07:17 AM

Welcome back, and glad to hear you recovered. Close call.

Xason, Jul 19 2010, 08:33 PM

Welcome back! I'm glad that your back to 100% and ready to kick ass! smile.gif

Shhhh, Aug 6 2010, 07:23 PM

Your always welcome to command against me. I won't stack, and I won't do any of the stupid ego stuff. You just have to play as Barricuda so I know it's you wink.gif

« Next Oldest · The Deep Blue · Next Newest »