The Rage Factory

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

Nurseries

Posted by Cookie Monster, Jan 28 2012, 03:38 AM

Or pre-school or the hell hole for drooling mouth breathing semi-conscious cranially retarded (quite scientifically) little @#(!s, whichever you prefer.

I have had / am currently having the unfortunate experience of living next to a nursery. I didn't realise this was the case until the apocalypse appeared to be happening the first Monday after I moved into my accommodation for the year. The glass on my windows is ridiculously thin to the point where almost every decibel is let it. It makes little to no difference whether my windows are open or shut.

Now, I thought my university days had trained me to Master the art of being able to sleep whenever I want. I mean I've been able to sleep whenever I want (takes me a while to settle down, but once I'm gone, I'm gone) and sleeping at all hours of the day is no problem due to the lack of a sleeping pattern and the constant sleep deprivation because damnit, playing Star Wars and Skyrim is a better use of my time than sleep. I thought I had finally mastered the art of sleeping like a log.

Wrong.

I woke up on the first Monday at my place at 8:30 to the sounds of Armageddon. Screaming. Crying. Wailing. Laughing. Wait what the hell, laughing?

Bleary eyed, I drag myself out of bed and scrabble around to get my glasses to see what the hell is going on, expecting at least a fire. But no, it's just your ordinary Monday morning for @#(!heads up to 5 years. These $#@!heads all need to be duct taped permanently until they can be trusted with keeping their faceholes shut. The second day I still got out of bed on instinct, yet this time when I drew back the curtains I was fervently hoping something had actually happened to those kids. I find myself hating their very existence and their continued interruption of my slumbers has pretty much ruined all interaction I have with young children as they just give me Vietnam-like flashbacks to early mornings.

The one saving grace that England provides me is the @#(! weather. Never in my life have I been so thankful to see rain. It keeps them inside.

Thankfully, I have slowly begun de-sensitising myself to their incessant noise, so that when I eventually manage to sleep through this on a regular basis I will truly be a master of sleep. As it is I have managed to sleep through my house alarm and light tremors in the past; this is my one remaining weakness and incidentally should also be one of my last steps towards the dark side.

I must now leave you to watch Star Wars Episode 6 and rub my hands with glee as Anakin goes into the Jedi Academy and slaughters all the padawans.

DIE.

The Receptionist

Posted by Cookie Monster, Jan 20 2012, 10:01 AM

Today I had the unfortunate experience of being forced to interact with the laziest, grumpiest, most two faced lying bitch of all time.

So here I am, finished paper in hand, a bit groggy from staying up all night to do so, but you know, I'm done; it's all good and relief is in sight.

WRONG.

The encounter doesn't exactly get off to a good start when she replies to my "excuse me?" with a "what.". Bitch please, didn't anyone teach you manners or are you just that socially retarded that you think it's a legitimate response to use to someone when you're working a $#@!ing receptionist job. I KNOW your job is @#(!ty, I get it. But there's no need to make that so painfully obvious to everyone else; it's not our fault your life is a complete $#@! up and this was the only way you could "get into university". Don't bring the rest of us down with your train wreck of a life. Either that or she was on her period, either way stay the $#@! away from me when you're in that mood because I don't want to know about it.

So in I come, essay in hand about half an hour before the deadline. "Can I hand this in please?" (Well I wasn't about to cuss the @#(! out of her when I needed to flipping hand this essay in.)

"No."

"Why not?"

"Got no declaration."

Wow - $#@!ing elaborate response there. Apparently there is a new university wide policy that all papers have to be handed in with a written declaration that you are not a moron and that this is your own work.

NO YOU KNOW WHAT $#@! THIS.

SHE WAS TOO BUSY TO PRINT A $#@!ING DECLARATION FOR ME

BUT WHEN I CAME BACK MS $#@!ING BITTITSMCFATARSE WAS $#@!ING PLAYING TETRIS OF ALL THINGS.

*#$@.

Condescending Academic Lawyers

Posted by Cookie Monster, Jan 15 2012, 06:18 AM

Ok fine, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised when the two biggest class of uptight @#$%@#s on the planet (that's academics and lawyers for you idiots out there mrgreen.gif) turn out to be condescending, but god damn when it gets published in a peer reviewed legal journal it pisses me off.

What is the source of my rage? You might ask.

Well, I'm writing a couple of essays that are in for about yesterday (yay for pathological procrastination) and naturally I'm browsing through legal articles trying to find stuff that I can copy and paste incorporate into my essay when I come across a 2012 article written by some woman entitled, "SE and SCE: two new European company forms - and more to come!" and caps off the first sentence with an exclamation mark and some bollocks statement about how European company law is fun.

The rest of the article continues in much the same way, pandering to what I can only presume the author thinks that my generation wants, as if this is the only type of language we can understand, despite being published in a law journal used exclusively by other practitioners and higher education students. But apparently my whole generation conforms to the stereotypical mouth breathing 12 year old on xbox live, who only has the literary ability to read the contents of an MSN Messenger chat log or whatever the hell they use these days.

Any time I see an article or textbook written in a "fun" way, it just makes me want to throw up.

Anyway once my stomach had settled, or at least I wasn't having to run to the toilet after every sentence, I read on and some valid points were made in the article. But the point of these articles is usually to be referenced by other academics or students as a source of respectable legal authority. I can't imagine what kind of nutter would ever do such a thing, I'd rather go back and scrape my vomit up off the floor and eat it again before citing that piece of @#(! in my research paper.

Bottom line is that law is supposed to be boring as hell. There is never any need for an exclamation mark for whatever reason unless there's a law being removed because then it's one less thing I have to care about.

Good day.

Televised British Election Debate

Posted by Cookie Monster, Apr 16 2010, 02:25 AM

I was pretty excited about this televised debatamabob that happened last night, don't get me wrong, it isn't as if I had my pants off for it (it wasn't an episode of baywatch after all) but it was the first time in my memory that such an event had happened, and I was pretty curious to see how it would fare. Also I wanted to see whether gordon would cry again wink.gif

Over all I'd say it was a smashing debate, well worth my time. I'm glad that it wasn't the useless political rhetoric fest that american presidential debates are. It was actually quite educational for me, because I don't really keep in touch with politics beyond what the news spews at me, and that's not much. I haven't read the party manifestos yet but seeing as this will be the first election that I can vote in, I plan to do so, and tis debate really helped in showing me what the different parties' polcy views were (though everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt).

If you didnt get to see it, I'm sure it must be floating around on the internet somewhere by now but I qm disappointed to inform you that there were no tears shed. Now for the debate itself. Imo the lib dems profited the most from this, as in my viee they came off the best. They had the most charismatic leader (tate (sp)) who managed to trump cameron and brown on most points, but if you think about it, it is very easy to have a good manifesto and play on the moral high ground when you havent been in power since ever. Imo this is just going to end up hurting parliament as a whole by takig seats away from the big two parties an nothing is going to get done in a hung parliament.

As for brown, well we know that he has never been much of a speaker tbh and he was his usual dull self today, but listenable. Somehow he was wearing some bright lip gloss too (i was watching in hd) and it made him look like the clown that he is mrgreen.gif Brown band wagon hating aside, I did agree with quite a few labour policies, such as immigration and policing.

As for Cameron, i was really disappointed with his effort. True he was hetter than brown, but a rock would do better than that, too. I had such high hopes for him at the beginning, but over the past year, something seems to have died inside him, maybe the reality of politics finally caught up with him but he uas definitely lost some of his mojo. Apart from that, the conservatives has some good and bad policies, one of the silly ones was immigration. I'm all for reducing immigration, as most people are, but putting an arbitrary cap on the number of people allowes to immigrate into the uk each year ia a stupid idea as every entry has a different candidate with a different possible contribution to make to society. Let the people we need in, each case is too circumstantial for immigration restrictions to be purely quantitative.

Who I will vote for:

At the moment I have no idea, but it is going to be either labour or conservative. Im not going to waste my vote on any other party. Imo voting based on ideals is all well and good but you have to vote strategically too. Let's be honest, nobody but the big two are going to win the election, and whilst there may be a party id prefer to vote for above these two, im going to vote for one of them anyway because id rather that the lesser of two evils gets into power.

To the brits out there: what did you think of the debate? (if you saw it) and who are you going to vote for and why?

To everyone else: ????

P.s: I've smashed this out on my iphone and it has taken me ages, apologies for all the poor spelling and grammar.

Freeallegiance and Kleptocratic regimes

Posted by Cookie Monster, Mar 15 2010, 02:20 AM

I was bored today and found some stuff on Wikipedia, and I found this:

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, from Greek kleptes (thieves) and kratos (rule), is a term applied to a government that takes advantage of governmental corruption to extend the personal wealth and political power of government officials and the ruling class (collectively, kleptocrats), via the embezzlement of state funds at the expense of the wider population, sometimes without even the pretense of honest service. The term means "rule by thieves".

Kleptocracies are generally associated with corrupt forms of authoritarian governments, particularly dictatorships, oligarchies, military juntas, or some other form of autocratic and nepotist government in which no outside oversight is possible, due to the ability of the kleptocrat(s) to personally control both the supply of public funds and the means of determining their disbursal. A kleptocratic ruler typically treats their country's treasury as though it were their own personal bank account, spending the funds on luxury goods as they see fit. Many kleptocratic rulers also secretly transfer public funds into secret personal numbered bank accounts in foreign countries in order to provide them with continued luxury if/when they are eventually removed from power and forced to flee the country

Let's check these statements:

• a government that takes advantage of governmental corruption to extend the personal wealth and political power of government officials and the ruling class
    More or less true: Dissolution of the Senate and creation of ZLs - removed power from the people to the select few "ruling class" ZLs!

• via the embezzlement of state funds at the expense of the wider population, sometimes without even the pretense of honest service.
    True! Our Alleg fundz are being collected under the pretense of "maintenance costs" like whatever, right?! All TE does it pay the electricity bill! As for the "expense of the wider population" need I complain about the terrible lag and packet loss on GPlanetolapZ?! It's despicable.
  • Kleptocracies are generally associated with corrupt forms of authoritarian governments, particularly dictatorships...
    'Nuff said, right?! TE holds all the keys to everything, we're powerless to do anything against him. We don't even have a voice.
  • personally control both the supply of public funds and the means of determining their disbursal
    Uh, psh! Do I need to explain this?!
  • treats their country's treasury as though it were their own personal bank account, spending the funds on luxury goods as they see fit.
    OH HAI ADMINS, NICE NEW CARS YOU HAVE THERE! "Server upgrades" my laggy ass! And no! It's not my dial-up, it's YOUR server!
  • Many kleptocratic rulers also secretly transfer public funds into secret personal numbered bank accounts in foreign countries in order to provide them with continued luxury if/when they are eventually removed from power and forced to flee the country
    *cough* TE's paypal *cough*

So FAO fully meet demands of kleptocratic regime... rofl.gif

p.s: 'yq ninja.gif

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »