Cort's Constructs

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

CortUI 1.75

Posted by Cort, Nov 23 2007, 05:21 PM in CortUI

This is the release of CortUI 1.75.

As usual I'm asking you to read the Release Notes, knowing that nobody will. smile.gif But you should... (I guess I should hide some hints to easter eggs there. wink.gif)

It's probably a good idea to run the installer of an older release before installing this one. If not, you might end up with files left over from previous versions. You probably should not select Slipstream GUI during uninstallation. If you're not planning to keep Slipstream GUI, but still have it from pre-R4 times, it might be a good idea to back up your artwork directory and reinstall Allegiance before installing CortUI 1.75. (If you insist to keep Slipstream GUI *and* want to use CortUI, I'm not supporting that configuration.)

The big changes are these:

• Supports all R4 features. (And 'fixes' some that I thought could have been done better, for example there are no more overlapping text lines now.)
  • Includes lessHUD and JelloShot (i.e. CortUI 1.71 RC1, as released by FlingPu).
  • Slipstream GUI is no longer supported and no longer included in the installer. (Read up on the reasons here.)
  • JelloShot has issues with transparency. I'll look into it.
  • Improved displays of who your pilot is when in a turret.

The rest you can find in the Release Notes. What I'm most proud of is that CortUI 1.75 comes without any BMP.MDLs. It's all PNG now, and they aren't littering your artwork directory, but are stored in mods/CortUI/media/, so it's using all the cool new features.

I'll be gone over the weekend, so I really hope there are no major issues. I tested (with help) as much as I could, but there's always a configuration/situation you don't think about. As usual, I recommend doing a backup of your artwork directory – just in case.

Download

Download: CortUI 1.75 installer [Release Notes]
(Access to the source code repository on request.)

I'm planning to set up a site for CortUI that also includes screenshots and stuff, but you know how it works around here... Two Weeks™.

Acknowledgments

This release is dedicated to Denga. Get well soon, brother! smile.gif

Special thanks for this revision go to Grzegt, Wyld, badp, Wurf, Andon, Baker, Squire and Bard for helping me test in various ways. It's always a big help, and if it's just holding a server open so I can run many tests in a short time.

I know I've been saying it about every release, but I just can't emphasise on this enough: There's no way CortUI would have been possible without Ksero's docs. I'm still using them as much as I did in the beginning. There's no single CortUI development session I don't open them at one point.

-- Cort

2 Pages V   1 2 >

Comments

Kap, Nov 23 2007, 05:42 PM

wub.gif

Cort, Nov 23 2007, 06:06 PM

Yes, I just saw that bug with the Parci-style software HUD. Weird stuff, probably a broken image file. I'm too tired right now, might find a minute to look into it tomorrow morning before heading out, but probably will take until some day of the next week.

-- Cort

badp, Nov 23 2007, 06:47 PM

No problem Cort, was fun helping around. smile.gif

refill, Nov 23 2007, 06:57 PM

biggrin.gif

Death3D, Nov 23 2007, 07:18 PM

I love CortUI, thanks for making it, Cort.

What's wrong with Denga?

Cookie Monster, Nov 24 2007, 06:07 AM

I didn't help at all! smile.gif

But sure if you want to give me credit ... wink.gif

Adam4, Nov 24 2007, 06:23 AM

wub.gif

Thanks a lot Cort!

Koczis, Nov 24 2007, 06:30 AM

Thanks a lot Cort, I missed your Ui so much smile.gif

I just tested it some and noticed slight problem: I installed lessHUD and gauges for hull and shields don't display properly, they are dark all the time. It's the same on target view, both gauges are dark.

Great job anyway!

spliffy, Nov 24 2007, 07:49 AM

I love my jelloshot
Thanx Cort
mrgreen.gif wub.gif

the_dare, Nov 24 2007, 01:53 PM

any screenies yet of the different huds?

Drizzo, Nov 24 2007, 03:45 PM

Why isn't CortUI integrated into the Alleg installer yet!

CortUI, it's more then just a mod.

Yossi Preminger, Nov 24 2007, 06:54 PM

Thanks for keeping CortUI up to date with R4, playing without it was like flying with one wing off !

Psychosis, Nov 25 2007, 03:25 AM

QUOTE(Yossi Preminger @ Nov 24 2007, 06:54 PM)
Thanks for keeping CortUI up to date with R4, playing without it was like flying with one wing off !

thats amazing....

just like cortGui

Grimmwolf_GB, Nov 25 2007, 06:48 AM

Thank you for releasing it. Allegiance was painful without it.

Cort, Nov 25 2007, 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Koczis @ Nov 24 2007, 12:30 PM)
I just tested it some and noticed slight problem: I installed lessHUD and gauges for hull and shields don't display properly, they are dark all the time. It's the same on target view, both gauges are dark.

Are you sure you're talking about lessHUD and not the JelloShot problem mentioned in the Release Notes?

-- Cort

quackdamnyou, Nov 26 2007, 11:38 PM

The 'default loadout' button at the loadout screen has been moved to the
lower right to lower the chance of clicking it by accident.

Wow, much love for that! Is that new?

Thanks man!

Cort, Nov 27 2007, 02:08 AM

QUOTE(quackdamnyou @ Nov 27 2007, 05:38 AM)
Wow, much love for that! Is that new?

A glance into the Release Notes tells me that it has been there since 1.70. smile.gif

-- Cort

Kap, Nov 28 2007, 09:59 AM

QUOTE(Cortex @ Nov 25 2007, 03:44 PM)

Are you sure you're talking about lessHUD and not the JelloShot problem mentioned in the Release Notes?
-- Cort

I can confirm this. The hull and shields bar are almost black and don't seem to move at all when receiving damage, same with target view and also in software hud I believe.

ski2slow, Nov 28 2007, 10:09 AM

Thanks for getting the CortUI updated for R4.
I truly missed your UI, especially on those runs with sbs in F3.

Keep up the great work!

ski cool.gif

Cort, Nov 28 2007, 01:32 PM

QUOTE(Kap @ Nov 28 2007, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE(Cortex @ Nov 25 2007, 03:44 PM)

-- Cort

I can confirm this. The hull and shields bar are almost black and don't seem to move at all when receiving damage, same with target view and also in software hud I believe.

Has been passed on to FP. I'll hand the bugfixing and updating of the '3rdparty' HUDs over to the original devs to save me some time I'd prefer to spend on other stuff.

You can keep posting bugreports here or sending them to me by PM until the site is up, though. I'll pass it on or tell the HUD devs to follow this thread. Of course you can also contact them directly.

-- Cort

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
« Next Oldest · Cort's Constructs · Next Newest »