Cort's Constructs

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Towel Day!

Posted by Cort, May 25 2007, 07:10 AM in Misc

This was my first Towel Day as a participant. smile.gif I had been aware of the tradition for two or three years now, but I had never noticed when the time came around.

With my university being just a few meters from the Lake Constance and temperatures of about 30C, I actually got way less weird looks than one might expect. This bunch of illiterate strags mostly didn't know about it and why towels are so useful for hitchhikers and laughed about it. mad.gif

In the discussions with the few people I've talked to about it, I definitely didn't show enough self-confidence about my towel and the appreciation and mourning of an ingenious author. Hopefully, I will be able to change that next year, which unfortunately is a Sunday.

MeAndMyTowel are now going to play some, trying to spread the word in the Allegiance community.

*bows in humble adoration before DNA*

So, have you brought your towel today? Confess!

-- Cort

PS: No, this blog isn't abandoned. But I'm still freakin' busy, so don't expect much activity here for another 2-3 months. sad.gif

Comments

Gandalf2, May 26 2007, 07:19 AM

I think I would be OK carrying at around in my bag but maybe not in public...

Ozricosis, May 27 2007, 10:18 AM

Hah! Now I get the reference!

My hider podded the CRAP out of your hider! (but we still lost) wink.gif

Hah!

Cort, May 27 2007, 11:21 AM

QUOTE(Ozricosis @ May 27 2007, 05:18 PM)
My hider podded the CRAP out of your hider! (but we still lost) wink.gif

Ah, that was you. Well, it was just because you were so transparent. wink.gif

-- Cort

Cort, May 27 2007, 11:24 AM

Gand, that's at least something. But part of the point of this celebration day is of course to remind others of his works. A towel in your bag won't help for that.

-- Cort

Shhhh, Mar 30 2008, 04:49 AM

This is a natural for me as I used the 42 in MrChaos42 as a tribute to Doug Adams from my AZ/FZ days. So if it helps you this year, take heart Cort, on May 25th I'll be carrying a towel with me the entire day no matter what. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and if I can I'll email you some pics.

MrChaos

Cort, Apr 6 2008, 09:20 AM

That would be awesome, MrC!

It's really too bad this year's Towel Day is a Sunday. Much harder to spread the word that way... smile.gif

-- Cort

Dorjan, Mar 18 2009, 11:01 AM

A good hitchhiker always knows where his towel is...

May 25th here we come!

This post has been edited by Dorjan: Mar 18 2009, 11:02 AM

Cort, Mar 19 2009, 08:53 AM

You know it's still March, right? smile.gif

-- Cort

« Next Oldest · Cort's Constructs · Next Newest »