POOK'S EVIL LAIR

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The more things change...

Posted by Pook, Mar 26 2008, 08:50 PM

You know the saying. It's funny how things never change.

I heard from a friend while playing another game that the April Fool's prank that TE and company were planning had gone awry... I thought I'd come and read up a bit. Needless to say, it was mostly the same talk from the same people. Heck, I've been mostly invisible for going on a year now and people still took their opportunity to take a shot at me while ranting. mrgreen.gif

Some of the things I heard I found particularly distasteful:

- First and foremost, no amount of money has ever been donated that could ever put Thal "in the black". To suggest otherwise is a giant middle finger pointed at the guy who's footed the bill for several years now, all so that the players can continue to enjoy the game.

- Speaking of the players, I read a few folks who think that they've got more invested in the community than "just about anyone". These folks don't really do anything for the community, they just play. Well, as much as a game needs players, to suggest that leeching off of the community for all these years makes you somehow "invested" or to have something "at stake" is pretty laughable. On the other hand, to all the guys working on the Dev team, all the zone leads, the helpline staff, and all the folks that "give back" - nice job.

- I'm also apparently responsible for "scarring" the community. Well, sorry about that. I didn't realize you were so emotionally fragile a bunch.... lol. Seriously though, I think that if you took the number of hours I spent "administrating" vs. the number of times I $#@!ed up, I had a pretty good ratio going. For those that don't think so - I suggest you step up and try working an unpaid second job for 5-6 years, then we can revisit the topic. wink.gif

Anyway, that's all I really care to ponder on the subject. There's more I could respond to, but hey - there's always more. "8 years of drama" I saw on the home page - man whoever came up with that one should win a prize.

xoxo,
Pook

Comments

FreeBeer, Mar 26 2008, 08:57 PM

Nice to see you Pook! Poke yer head in and play once in a while.

Death3D, Mar 26 2008, 09:11 PM

Here's to every producer out there... from every consumer out here (including me).

*raises glass* Le'Haim!

Padre, Mar 27 2008, 01:24 AM

Hey there Pook, hope you had a good Easter, and April 1st is smooth sailing. smile.gif

badp, Mar 27 2008, 01:44 AM

blush.gif

Grimmwolf_GB, Mar 27 2008, 02:41 AM

Can anyone explain to me what "xoxo" means? It was being used in a silly high school drama series ("gossip girl") I watched (for about 4 episodes).

Padre, Mar 27 2008, 02:45 AM

People use X for hugs and O for kisses.

So, XOXO means "hugs and kisses".

Usually given to a loved one using something called "mail"... not the lack of 'e', it's not e-mail, something on paper, whatever that is. mrgreen.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XOXO

Internet is your friend. wink.gif

Grimmwolf_GB, Mar 27 2008, 05:16 AM

Thank you. I thought it was some kind of internet lingo I had missed. Obviously it is older than the internet, amazing.

madpeople, Mar 27 2008, 08:07 AM

i did think people's comments on pook were rather silly. guess it goes to show how much they now about this community.

ogorass, Mar 28 2008, 11:50 AM

Well Pook, what the hell did you espect? That the nay sayers will sto saying nay and the drama queens wlll get bored with teh dramaqueeing? tongue.gif Naaaah, this is Allegiance! Even if some of don't love the drama, the drama sure as hell loves us (you especially;)).

As for the money matter, I found the (repeteadly re-posted blink.gif) topics about how Thal is making money on Alleg, at least distatsteful. Suggesting that he is 'luring' the cash out of players via his haxored PayPal account (I loved that part, really)...... Bleh.

I did notice one thing though: over the last year 'Pook' is being replaced more and more often by either 'BV' or 'TE', when it comes to ranting/whining/bitching/accusations (mark whichever applys) aimed at the administration. Sadly though, the overall amount of bitching haven't reduced by one bit :/

Anyway, good to read, that you're still lurking.

Regards, ogo

Adept, May 13 2008, 11:53 AM

wub.gif

spliffy, May 31 2008, 04:10 AM

Nice to see you Pook yor Avatar smile.gif

Nice Sig
8 years of Drama was Badp's

wub.gif

spliffy, May 31 2008, 04:12 AM

QUOTE(FreeBeer @ Mar 26 2008, 08:57 PM)
Nice to see you Pook! Poke yer head in and play once in a while.

? is that you ?

badp, Aug 2 2008, 09:34 AM

I'm not sure I understand what you ask, Spliffy. Pook flew as +Pook in the SOVLogin days, IIRC.

« Next Oldest · POOK'S EVIL LAIR · Next Newest »

Big Avatar

IPB Image

Who's Angry at Pook

Number of people
I've pissed off today

IPB Image
Idiots pissed off