The Cockpit

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shootin' Blanks

Posted by Drizzo, Apr 15 2013, 01:29 AM

"Drunk words are sober thoughts"
What a $#@!in adage. Timeless. 100% accurate. The shortest distance between alright and $#@!ing up at an alarming rate is a straight line with those words tattooed on your forehead. We've all thought of @#(! we'd like to do, of course those thoughts become words when you get a bit of liquid courage in you, and not too long after that those words become actions. Actions birthed from bad ideas that should have been given a double dose of Plan B. When reason and rationale are getting butt$#@!ed raped, alcohol is the smooth silky voice whispering "Don't fight it." Yeah I didn't fight it. Now I'm fairly sure I have something I can fight. With penicillin.

Thank you Jim Beam for momentarily convincing me that $#@!ing a stripper was a good idea.

Drizzout.

Play the friggin advantage

Posted by Drizzo, Nov 2 2010, 11:37 AM

This is a small football rant...

Yesterday I had a game, I play left mid, and I am pretty good at that as I've either played that or keeper my entire life.

I beat my marker, receive a pass on their side of the pitch, now there are only 2 defenders left, one to mark me and one to mark my teammate who is now sprinting up the pitch to get ready for my cross. I beat the next person marking me with a fancy little move I saw Fabregas do a few weeks ago against man city. So it's now 2 attackers vs the 1 defender, I'm sprinting towards the center of the 22, my buddy is drifting out to the right so he can finish. Their defender makes a stupid stupid move, leaves the man he's marking and tries to slide tackle me (not the ball I will say, he was aiming for my legs). I stumble a bit, maintain my balance, the ball is still in play AND THE $#@!ING REF CALLS A FOUL.

WHY NOT PLAY THE ADVANTAGE? $#@!ing sissy ref, I didn't fall, yes it was a dirty tackle, but THE ADVANTAGE WAS THERE TO BE HAD.

We won 2-nil and I walked away with 2 assists but FFS man, 3-nil is better!

I absolutely hate it when refs call fouls and don't play the advantage, I understand if you're going to book someone for it then yeah I guess, but god damn it play on until they lose the advantage. Don't interrupt the flow of the game, drives me absolutely nuts.

« August 2020 »

SMTWTFS

0 user(s) viewing

0 guest(s)
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)