Reply to this topicStart new topic
> phoenix, make phoenix fun
Weedman
post Mar 25 2019, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Supporter+

Make them cheaper, and better masta

Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int

Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sheriff Metz
post Mar 27 2019, 01:56 AM
Post #2

Leader of Men

Group: Community Member

anything for you papa

There's a new sheriff in town.

+Quote Post
phoenix1
post Mar 27 2019, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Squad: System X

There was a nerf to Vanguards that I recall but can't seem to find.

Also the following changes to rix please:

3 gats on their figs, enh figs take 75% of a basic scout's energy, maybe 55% of an adv scout's energy.

Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) *
But I don't read the forums I only post.

+Quote Post
Sheriff Metz
post Mar 28 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #4

Leader of Men

I'd also really kill for a code change that wouldn't try to rip ship A to a ship B whose max energy is less than the energy required to rip ship A to ship B because it's annoying and clunky as hell.
If that doesn't seem likely i'll have to rework some core things to navigate that better.

+Quote Post
Weedman
post Mar 30 2019, 12:41 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I have taken it upon myself to do these things

So- with your blessing.

Here is what changed:

rix
basic rix fig- 3 guns- no ability to rip to small rips- that means sr scouts and carriers. I am sure this is how the old rix fighter was deployed back in the day.
enhanced fighter- increase rip cost to 1000 energy (was 900) scouts sr have 1200 energy, adv scout has 1500 energy

giga
giga lxy pattie model added

phoenix

cost to 0.9 was 1.0

pe Vulcan 1 and 2 ammo use decrease per shot to 1 ( was 2)
pe Vulcan 1 and 2 energy use per shot to 4 (was 5, 4.75)

hyperjump booster- signature change to 0%, was -1.75 or something meaning a signature reduction, as it is now, there will be no signature reduction or increase while boosting

vanguard 3 guns- mountables- gat, dis, sniper, utl, pw miniac (default load), Vulcan, pulse laser if you steal it, pw minidis if you steal it, gauss cannon if you steal it- remember vanguards have no missiles, or minepacks. cost 500, was free

remember phoenix hull is 0.85 which is the same as giga, crap hulls

This post has been edited by Weedman: Mar 30 2019, 12:43 PM

Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int

Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker

+Quote Post
Weedman
post Mar 30 2019, 12:45 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkzuy2e2iocwd82/rc_04.zip?dl=0

+Quote Post
Terran
post Apr 2 2019, 06:44 PM
Post #7

Squad: SysX

3 x miniac, hot dayum. why change the booster though? that was the whole point of the "hyperjump" - it's like you're flying through hyperspace so you can't be seen ninja.gif

QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ May 5 2012, 03:38 AM) *
,.zZ²³

Pika pika.

+Quote Post
Weedman
post Apr 2 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

yeah that's probably too hot

so how about this- remove mini acs.

cuz I don't like mini-ac that much.

I think vanguard would be more useful if it mounts a tech that you paid for, sup, exp, or tac. I can see vanguard with 3 Vulcan with no ammo restriction as it is now, as useable.

+Quote Post
Weedman
post Apr 2 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

tweaked draconium also

cost to 0.8 was 1

and since their pw dmg and msl dmg is bad

pw range 1.25 was 1
ew range 1.25 was 1

+Quote Post
phoenix1
post Apr 2 2019, 11:40 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Oh lord have mercy. Draconium at GT tech costs? Triple-front loaded mini-AC on phoenix?

Dome's going to come in here any second now going "this is the greatest core ever" while still saying that me touching gat dam vs util specifically was "TOO MUCH CHANGE TOO FAST."

+Quote Post
Dome
post Apr 3 2019, 02:37 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Squad: XenoTech

QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Apr 2 2019, 09:40 PM) *
Oh lord have mercy. Draconium at GT tech costs? Triple-front loaded mini-AC on phoenix?

Dome's going to come in here any second now going "this is the greatest core ever" while still saying that me touching gat dam vs util specifically was "TOO MUCH CHANGE TOO FAST."

you don't know me!

I do think that we should only have one or two changes at a time.

However Vans are extremely hard to get to and rarely used so I don't see problem with 3 guns; getting people playing drac more is not a bad thing;
ships will still be able to turn and stop; autopilot won't be broken; etc

+Quote Post
phoenix1
post Apr 3 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

So what you're saying is, I don't know you, but was able to 100% predict that because it's not me making the changes you'd laud them as brilliant paths forward.

+Quote Post
Dome
post Apr 3 2019, 02:27 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Squad: XenoTech

QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Apr 3 2019, 10:01 AM) *
So what you're saying is, I don't know you, but was able to 100% predict that because it's not me making the changes you'd laud them as brilliant paths forward.

ok I don't know what youre talking about.

+Quote Post
Sheriff Metz
post Apr 3 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #14

Leader of Men

QUOTE (Dome @ Apr 3 2019, 12:37 AM) *
I do think that we should only have one or two changes at a time.

This is not how any game is or ever has been updated given gameplay or content patches so quit saying it and fix your brain

only hotfixes are one-or-two changes when something in a major patch got forgotten, broken, or needs to be tweaked quickly and cannot be made to wait for months for the next patch release

plus getting a core pushed to a server around here takes 1-2 months average so doing things bit by bit would literally take years

This post has been edited by Sheriff Metz: Apr 4 2019, 02:17 AM

+Quote Post
Terran
post Apr 6 2019, 11:10 AM
Post #15

i like seeing mega change updates. it's fun and makes people want to log in to check what the heck is going on.

i also am 1000% supportive of making more crazy unique tech rather than less. traditionally alleg balancing has been in the direction of less crazy stuff. nerf gauss, nerf PT, nerf hvy scouts. yuck.

,.zZ²³

Pika pika.

+Quote Post
Terran
post Apr 6 2019, 11:14 AM
Post #16

btw i really like the drac change of extra range. should make it fun for ppl who can aim.

,.zZ²³

Pika pika.

+Quote Post
Weedman
post Apr 6 2019, 11:31 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

yes.

you see- what pw range does- is make the projectile faster, so with the pw dmg nerf comes pw and ew dmg nerfs.

but, now the projectile is faster which means landing shots should come easier. so give it the ok masta and watch this

+Quote Post
Terran
post Apr 7 2019, 12:15 PM
Post #18

actually, yeah, the aim boost will come to everyone equally regardless how good their aim was to begin with.

what i meant to say is this will be a huge boost to those who are good at dodging - drac has good accel, so the side thrusts are good anyway, and now they can do it from further away. this might become my favorite sup faction (in close competition with TF and GT)

,.zZ²³

Pika pika.

+Quote Post
phoenix1
post Apr 8 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

How can you not love giga sup though. You get to have teleports in literally every sector and also you can PROX! Full boost and prox! Only Bios can match that kind of shennanigans.

+Quote Post
Terran
post Apr 8 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #20

that's true, and for those who complain about zeus being too strong, just get seeker3. it has more range and is not that weaker in damage. and costs pretty much the same, with the added bonus that you can now buy hvy bbrs. people complain too much.

,.zZ²³

Pika pika.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th December 2020 - 03:59 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft