Go to Forum Home

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You Suck at Allegiance, A tongue-in-cheek training guide, for newbs and voobs alike
Clay_Pigeon
post Jun 5 2008, 05:27 AM
Post #41

Honk Honk!
Group Icon

Group: Supporter+

Squad: Clay_Pigeon

While we don't need heros, it is useful to have a sacrificial lamb who is willing to ram the bomber into last week so that the rest of the team has time to form up.

"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
juckto
post Jul 2 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #42

Professional non-player.
Group Icon

Squad: Punch Kittens

Lesson 10 - Blaze of Glory

My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. I don't know when this game got infected by emos. No, don't try and deny it. Don't try and say you were trying to be a hero, trying to go down in a blaze of glory. I've seen you play, I've seen you fly sfs. And the vast majority of you really really enjoy commiting suicide.

Here's a simple little trick, that I'm going to pass into that hat support of yours. Stay the $#@! away from enemy bases. Bide your time, strike from the shadows. Hell, paint your nails black and say to yourself "I am one with the night" as you pull the trigger for all I care. Just stop racking up the defender's kb.

Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.

+Quote Post
Star_Sailor
post Jul 4 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #43

Allegiance's Emo/Hippy

Group: Member+

Squad: Good Boys

QUOTE (juckto @ Jul 2 2008, 11:50 PM) *
Lesson 10 - Blaze of Glory

My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. I don't know when this game got infected by emos. No, don't try and deny it. Don't try and say you were trying to be a hero, trying to go down in a blaze of glory. I've seen you play, I've seen you fly sfs. And the vast majority of you really really enjoy commiting suicide.

Here's a simple little trick, that I'm going to pass into that hat support of yours. Stay the $#@! away from enemy bases. Bide your time, strike from the shadows. Hell, paint your nails black and say to yourself "I am one with the night" as you pull the trigger for all I care. Just stop racking up the defender's kb.

I SWEAR that was completely targeted towards me and my aggressive game-play...

Night's darkness is a bag that bursts in the gold of the dawn
-Thagore

Everyone can change, but will you change?

+Quote Post
ImmortalZ
post Jul 4 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #44

Evil Hacker ex-Admin
Group Icon

Squad: Palidor's Knights

You mean your suicidal and useless gameplay?

+Quote Post
Star_Sailor
post Jul 5 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #45

Allegiance's Emo/Hippy

Group: Member+

Squad: Good Boys

QUOTE (ImmortalZ @ Jul 4 2008, 02:18 PM) *
You mean your suicidal and useless gameplay?

Close enough. laugh.gif

Night's darkness is a bag that bursts in the gold of the dawn
-Thagore

Everyone can change, but will you change?

+Quote Post
juckto
post Jul 17 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #46

Professional non-player.
Group Icon

Lesson 11 - How to pod with pods.

My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. What we're doing today is one small step for my contemporaries, but one giant leap for you. Today we're going to be talking about Advanced Combat, Tactics, Following Orders, and Teamwork. I realise that all 4 of these topics are completely anathema to your current playing style, and that's why I pulled out all the stops and enlisted help.

Here's the advanced combat trick:
Rixian Combat Drones only attack whoever you had targetted when you deployed them.
Yeah, I know, mind blowing, isn't it? Wait till you hear this next part. You can target people in other sectors.

Here's the tactic:
If you know someone is going to come through an aleph then you target them, spam Combat Drones before they enter, and the CD open fire the instant they stick their nose through the aleph.

Here's the Following Orders:
You can't SEE people in other sectors. You have to rely on someone else to give you the attack order, for instance, your commander who is sitting in base.

And here's the $#@!ing teamwork.

Technical details:
It's a 6.5 meg download. To run the video your best bet is VLC, a free media player.

Special thanks to ImmZ, Hyro, SgtBaker, Andon, WiskyGhost, Cmdr101, Loriana, Idanmel

This post has been edited by juckto: Jul 17 2008, 02:12 AM

Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.

+Quote Post
TheSerb
post Jul 17 2008, 05:27 AM
Post #47

Group: Community Member

When I read "pod with pods" I was thinking you are talking about the REAL pod not some @#(! combat DRONES.

Juckto you suck.

Refer to Evincar about him getting podded while in IC hvy int by my TRUE pod.

+Quote Post
HSharp
post Jul 17 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #48

Queen of England
Group Icon

Squad: System X

If you know exactly who is coming through the aleph that you want to pod and no-one gives you an attack command order then you can issue one yourself.

First press enter to open up the chatting, then enter the first few letters of your callsign so you start talking to yourself (or just click on yourself in F3) then press ctrl+a and then start typing the first few letters of the pilot you wish to pod until his name appears in the predictive text thing and then press enter and insert and start dropping pods.

+Quote Post
Evincar
post Jul 17 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #49

Squad: System-X

you can also order miners or constructors or drones/people in general to do things with those commands

ctrl:

a- attack
m- mine (you can order people to mine rocks)
r- repair (i'm not certain but most likely)
g- goto

Classifiable up to Trolleomorphism.

+Quote Post
mcwarren4
post Feb 18 2009, 12:59 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

juckto, why don't you do one about how to kill a miner in a sfig.

Yesterday I watched a pilot who I will not name, but it rhymes with Flack Bladder. He sits back and lobs missles at the miner from a distance while all of the defense was on the other side of the sector defending a different miner. Ok, shields on the miner are down.... he keeps sitting there lobbing missles. Its not like you are going to kill a miner lobbing missles at it Flack Bladder. The whole point about sfigs is to be stealthy, quickly make your kill and flee the scene. I think BV has a term in Cadet, eye to die, or something. The point is to make the time between being eyed and your target dieing as minimal as possible. Yeah, you sat there lobbing missles uneyed. Good job... except the enemy had pulse probes so after they got done defending miner A they went to miner B, found you and killed you. What you should have done was fire your first two missles while DRIVING AT THE MINER. By the time you closed to utility cannon range both missles would have hit and the shields would be down. It would have taken you another 5 - 6 seconds to kill the miner with your utility cannon. The defense wouldn't have stood a chance at stopping you, much less catching you after it was dead. It is pointless to lob missles at a miner that you don't intend on killing. I pray your response isn't 'well I only had snipers loaded' because you deserve to be shot if you were out three sectors from home whoring in a sfig while our garrison was being bombed.

What Allegiance needs is a little more cowbell.

+Quote Post
Sushi
post Feb 18 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #51

Another underused trick: ramming cons toward the rock. That way, they have to travel further to line back up for planting. If you ram them away from the rock, the turn a little bit, move back into position, turn a little bit to aim at the rock, then plant. If you ram them toward the rock, they will have to turn around almost completely to get back to the line-up spot, then turn all the way around again to point at the rock. That's significant extra time in which to kill the con, and less hull lost since you don't have to ram as often.

+Quote Post
ImmortalZ
post Feb 18 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #52

Evil Hacker ex-Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sushi @ Feb 19 2009, 04:00 AM) *
Another underused trick: ramming cons toward the rock. That way, they have to travel further to line back up for planting. If you ram them away from the rock, the turn a little bit, move back into position, turn a little bit to aim at the rock, then plant. If you ram them toward the rock, they will have to turn around almost completely to get back to the line-up spot, then turn all the way around again to point at the rock. That's significant extra time in which to kill the con, and less hull lost since you don't have to ram as often.

Ram it hard enough to make it hit the rock and it'll build instantly.

I think.

This post has been edited by ImmortalZ: Feb 18 2009, 11:59 PM

+Quote Post
sambasti
post Feb 19 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #53

Quantus Manager Person

Squad: WildCards | @Help

Actually, I think it will take damage and get flung back. Otherwise this could lead to exploits like, RAM THE CON, IT NEED TO BUILD BEFORE THE D GET HERE.

+Quote Post
Broodwich
post Feb 19 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #54

SysX recruitment officer
Group Icon

cons sidethrust friendly ships, which is why everyone always yells back off the $#@!ing con.
which makes it pretty much impossible to ram into a rock.

never seen a con get rammed into prematurely building however.

Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position
Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid

+Quote Post
Ramaglor
post Feb 19 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #55

Ramming a miner into a rock does really high damage if I remember correctly.

Spidey's tactical advice on TS during Tourny game
We don't need to save our thingy.

+Quote Post
juckto
post Feb 19 2009, 04:22 AM
Post #56

Professional non-player.
Group Icon

+Edit. Idiots. I'm surrounded by idiots.

ImmZ is IB.

This post has been edited by juckto: Feb 19 2009, 04:25 AM

+Quote Post
juckto
post Feb 19 2009, 06:15 AM
Post #57

Professional non-player.
Group Icon

Lesson 12 - Luke, you've turned off your targeting computer!

juckto my name is, and at Allegiance you do suck, hmmm?
That wasn't really a question - you do suck. Some of you that I tried to drill some sense into a year ago have gone on to become some of the very best of the players that make me want to gouge my eyes out when I watch you play. It's not just me either, mcwarren is losing it too. And you know those ACE fellas can't afford to lose any more of their marbles.

Now, I've already shown you it is better to hit miners at the rock than at the green door when miner hunting. I've already shown you how you can hit targets slower than you. But it still looks like I need to show you how to put two and two together.

This post has been edited by juckto: Feb 19 2009, 06:18 AM

+Quote Post
Duckwarrior
post Feb 20 2009, 04:34 AM
Post #58

Off Topic Deputy Sheriff
Group Icon

Squad: Xeno Technologies

QUOTE (Andarvi @ Feb 19 2009, 07:37 AM) *
No ramming a con into a rock will do just that.. ram it into a rock and nothing else.

You can see that very well when any con builds, as it makes its final 'insertion' run it's in a special state when nothing can stop it from building.. even if you do ram it off course.

Bzzzzt

Ram it hard enough from the side & it will miss the rock altogether, attempt to build in open space, & then get confused & self destruct.

This post has been edited by Duckwarrior: Feb 20 2009, 04:35 AM

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable. John F. Kennedy.

+Quote Post
ImmortalZ
post Feb 20 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #59

Evil Hacker ex-Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Feb 20 2009, 03:04 PM) *
Bzzzzt

Ram it hard enough from the side & it will miss the rock altogether, attempt to build in open space, & then get confused & self destruct.

It'll have to be a particularly small rock for this to work though.

+Quote Post
Sealer
post Feb 24 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #60

14 y.o. kid from dk
Group Icon

Squad: Rolling Thunder

Next time my carrier stands 1,5 k from the miner I won't rip to it, but engage cloak, wait till its fully operating, mount missiles and then fly head on to the defenceless miner!

"For save the world from this epic gay, Clint have this hope : he would put something great and big in his ass."

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th December 2020 - 12:21 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft