Go to Forum Home

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You Suck at Allegiance, A tongue-in-cheek training guide, for newbs and voobs alike
Terran
post Nov 8 2018, 10:48 PM
Post #201

Group: Community Member

Squad: SysX

reading through some of these discussions reminds me how much more people used to care about playing well. :(

QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ May 5 2012, 03:38 AM) *
,.zZ²³

Pika pika.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
raumvogel
post Nov 8 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #202

Community Geezer
Group Icon

Group: Supporter+

Squad: YouSuk

QUOTE (Terran @ Nov 8 2018, 10:48 PM) *
reading through some of these discussions reminds me how much more people used to care about playing well. :(

If the game didn't depend on good commanders..(ahem)...........we would have a larger player base.

+Quote Post
Archangelus
post Nov 18 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #203

Xexyest member

Group: Community Member

Squad: Xexy

QUOTE (raumvogel @ Nov 9 2018, 02:18 AM) *
If the game didn't depend on good commanders..(ahem)...........we would have a larger player base.

Or dummer base. tongue.gif

We could really make cadet like this. It would be fun. Specially if we took all juckto´s tip transferred into video clips. laugh.gif

QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) *
Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.

+Quote Post
phoenix1
post Mar 7 2019, 05:01 PM
Post #204

Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Squad: System X

QUOTE (juckto @ Apr 28 2008, 02:54 AM) *
Lesson Six - Stay on target

My name is juckto, and you suck at Allegiance. You've got no freaking clue what's going on, you just run after the closest enemy while miners, cons, and bombers drive right on by. If you ever opened up the Game Controls menu and actually looked, you might discover that there's a gazillion things you can set keys to target.

The most important keys on your keyboard are: Target Bomber, Target Miner, Target Constructor, and Target Base.

That's four right there, but I'm lying. It's 8 - cause you see, you've got to be able to target enemies and friendlies.

Then you need to be able to target people in a dogfight - so you'll be wanting Target Centre and Target Nearest Enemy. And to round it all off you'll be wanting Target Aleph and Target Lifepod.

Maybe then, maybe, you'll gain perhaps an inkling of situational awareness. For the sector you're currently in, at least. Which will probably be the wrong one, cause you suck.

Bah the only thing you really need is target center (NOTICE HOW I SPELL IT CORRECTLY YOU KIWI BASTARD).

Also I'm looking at the cadet materials and oh my god what a voob factory. "Here's some trite rules that will ensure that you're perfectly equipped to ineffectually fill any role."

This post has been edited by phoenix1: Mar 7 2019, 05:02 PM

Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) *
But I don't read the forums I only post.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th December 2020 - 11:58 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft