Go to Forum Home

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Allegiance Marketing Team!, Banners and Posters inside!
Dome
post Apr 6 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Squad: XenoTech

You've just been recruited to the Allegiance Marketing team. Welcome and thank you!

Your mission: Grow Allegiance

How you will do it: Post these banners on your Facebook, blog, or website as links to hype the game.

If you don't (or even if you do) have a Facebook, blog, or website, print out this poster (or this version), cut the tabs along the lines and post them at your place of learning, work, library, convention, etc.

What's in it for you:

-Allegiance community service fulfillment
-Inclusion into the Allegiance Marketing Team
-The possibility of being a part of what may build a new player-base
-Personal satisfaction when brand new players log in
-The respect of the community

Posting pictures of the game you love in an effort to try to drum up new players is easy. Do it for Allegiance.

And if you would like to donate to the Facebook Marketing campaign check this thread!

This post has been edited by Dome: Aug 26 2016, 02:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dome
post Apr 6 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

+Quote Post
Thallium
post Apr 6 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Group: Community Member

Squad: Element

Post this to Forum message boards about gaming to draw new blood to Allegiance:

In all my years of gaming, no real-time strategy or first person shooter has kept me coming back like Allegiance. No other game blends fast-paced online multiplayer combat with strategy elements so perfectly. It is visceral, fast paced and challenging.

Allegiance combines the resource and economy elements of RTS games with the situational tactics of a first person space combat sim unlike any game you’ve ever played. Every unit is piloted by a real person, making individual skill, tactics, and timing critical to success. Each team’s commander must exhibit both superior tactical and leadership skills to get the best pilots to fly for them.

You as commander give tactical information to your team from a 3D top-down view, using their ships to scout the map, find wormholes to other sectors, detect enemy miners and relay back information on enemy movements. With this tactical view, commanders can plan out bombing runs, stealth missions, and setting up coordinated attacks across sectors of the map.

Pilots fly in a first person view, from high velocity dogfighting in fighter and interceptor craft, to covertly sneaking behind enemy lines in stealth and scout craft to gather intel or harass the enemy operations. To win the game players will have to come together on coordinated strikes to destroy or capture enemy bases. Situational awareness is key, and the learning curve is steep, but the gameplay is addictive.

Microsoft’s MSN Gaming Zone shut down allegiance along with their other pay to play games in 2004. The community developed in-house mod tools and after significant campaigning convinced Microsoft to open source the game. Since then the playerbase created a development community, enhanced the graphics, created new mods, and started hosting their own game servers, developed long-term tournament play called Allegiance Wars, and implemented many bugfixes to refine the game.

A video says more than I ever can, so check out the gameplay video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB55B21...p;v=WcRmSt7Q_LA

Here is how you can get started:
1. Go to www.FreeAllegiance.Org
2. Download the Game and create an account.
3. Join a multiplayer server and begin playing. Large Games are played on weekends 3:00 PM EST.

Check out the forums, find out where you are on the leaderboard, and look for the @help player to ask them questions on how to best help your team. Join the VOIP server - Mumble. http://www.mumble.com/get-mumble.php - mumble.rtsquad.org.

+Quote Post
Dome
post Apr 22 2014, 04:29 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Who has done this? Who will do this?

Allegiance needs players and it needs your help to get them.

This post has been edited by Dome: Aug 26 2016, 02:11 AM

+Quote Post
raumvogel
post Apr 22 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #5

Community Geezer
Group Icon

Group: Supporter+

Squad: YouSuk

I have and will do these things. But people must remember that when posting to forums (especially ones that have paid ads), you may get you're post deleted or worse, you might get banned for promoting against the rules of the forum. Always check those first.

+Quote Post
Djole88
post Apr 30 2014, 04:53 AM
Post #6

Eine kleine Jagerin

I agree with Metz. Put the new default keymap in the new installer. Tutorial doesn't work for the majority of people anyway...

+Quote Post
BUSHBAM
post May 5 2014, 09:22 PM
Post #7

This is great .. I had all but forgotten about freeallege.org . Glad i discoverd it again. I am all for seeing this game revived once again. i play other mordern games but none of them match allege in the rts and fps combo and with the cheer numbers that can be involved. I am glad to see development going on as well. I will do all i can to promote this game. Only which i knew programming. I will be here till the very end..... i hope that is a long long cool.gif very long way off. blush.gif Cmon guys the gaming world needs Allegiance. cool.gif

+Quote Post
raumvogel
post May 6 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #8

Community Geezer
Group Icon

Stay the corse with weekend gMES AND JUST FOCUS ON 2 EVEN COMMANDERS.wE NEED TO SEE THE RESULTS OF THE fb CAMPAIGN TO SEE Iif it is working.

/To lazy to re-type....I hate Capslock!!

+Quote Post
Student
post May 6 2014, 09:32 AM
Post #9

idek anymore

Squad: @SysX

QUOTE (raumvogel @ May 6 2014, 06:55 AM) *
Stay the corse with weekend gMES AND JUST FOCUS ON 2 EVEN COMMANDERS.wE NEED TO SEE THE RESULTS OF THE fb CAMPAIGN TO SEE Iif it is working.

/To lazy to re-type....I hate Capslock!!

laugh.gif LOL laugh.gif
yah he's right. We need to see what FB does and our comander carnages. So lets keep Allegiance alive!
AND PLEASE COME TO THE MUMBLE MARKETING MEETINGS!

(other than me and Dome)

-Student
SysX
@Alleg
Hebrews 11:3

+Quote Post
raumvogel
post May 6 2014, 01:37 PM
Post #10

Community Geezer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Student @ May 6 2014, 10:32 AM) *
laugh.gif LOL laugh.gif
yah he's right. We need to see what FB does and our comander carnages. So lets keep Allegiance alive!
AND PLEASE COME TO THE MUMBLE MARKETING MEETINGS!

(other than me and Dome)

Are these Saturday at SG time?

+Quote Post
Student
post May 6 2014, 05:49 PM
Post #11

idek anymore

Squad: @SysX

QUOTE (raumvogel @ May 6 2014, 11:37 AM) *
Are these Saturday at SG time?

Yes, Saturday at sgt (about).

-Student
SysX
@Alleg
Hebrews 11:3

+Quote Post
the_capm
post May 12 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Squad: End Game

I will post the posters around my university. Unfortunately I have no actual friends to bring to the game :( `gu

Can we do a business-card sized graphic? So when I tell people about this awesome game I play alla time, I can just give them a little slip with the name and website onnit? I don't know if we have anyone making stuff right now. If not I might make one.

I will try to make it to the next marketing meeting if they're still happening. Yesterday was uplifting - new players and big games late into the night!

§

+Quote Post
raumvogel
post May 15 2014, 08:18 AM
Post #13

Community Geezer
Group Icon

QUOTE (BlackBagel @ May 12 2014, 02:44 PM) *
I will post the posters around my university. Unfortunately I have no actual friends to bring to the game :( `gu

Can we do a business-card sized graphic? So when I tell people about this awesome game I play alla time, I can just give them a little slip with the name and website onnit? I don't know if we have anyone making stuff right now. If not I might make one.

I will try to make it to the next marketing meeting if they're still happening. Yesterday was uplifting - new players and big games late into the night!

Just use a program like photoscape and copy into multiple business-card sized squares,print on thick paper and cut.

+Quote Post
raumvogel
post Jul 9 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #14

Community Geezer
Group Icon

Also,anyone who wants to help me with download sites...PM me.

I'm up to page 4

This post has been edited by raumvogel: Jul 9 2014, 03:14 PM

+Quote Post
Anguirel
post Aug 4 2014, 06:18 PM
Post #15

Cadet Leader Emeritus

From: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

Squad: Palidor's Knights

Pfft, I already market Allegiance, and I hadn't even played in years. For example, I wrote this recently, which was actually one of the reasons I decided to come back and play again (along with having appropriate amounts of free time available to play). So what if it didn't get any votes and probably almost no one saw it... point being, just include it in stuff you already do, and you'll occasionally get a few people that get interested and take a look.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Beatrice Hall, The Friends of Voltaire

+Quote Post
raumvogel
post Aug 5 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #16

Community Geezer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Anguirel @ Aug 4 2014, 07:18 PM) *
Pfft, I already market Allegiance, and I hadn't even played in years. For example, I wrote this recently, which was actually one of the reasons I decided to come back and play again (along with having appropriate amounts of free time available to play). So what if it didn't get any votes and probably almost no one saw it... point being, just include it in stuff you already do, and you'll occasionally get a few people that get interested and take a look.

Look like they mentioned every game except this one. blink.gif

This post has been edited by raumvogel: Aug 5 2014, 07:44 AM

+Quote Post
Dome
post Sep 6 2014, 06:21 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

bump

+Quote Post
Senor NoirSol
post Oct 6 2014, 06:53 AM
Post #18

Blake420's husband
Group Icon

Group: Admin

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/285335

^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed

+Quote Post
Defpar
post Oct 10 2014, 07:35 AM
Post #19

Group: Member+

QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Oct 6 2014, 07:53 AM) *

Only problem that comes to mind is that you used the freespacecombatgame.com webpage, which nobody will click on because of how awful the domain name is.

+Quote Post
Senor NoirSol
post Oct 10 2014, 08:43 AM
Post #20

Blake420's husband
Group Icon

Group: Admin

QUOTE (Defpar @ Oct 10 2014, 02:35 PM) *
Only problem that comes to mind is that you used the freespacecombatgame.com webpage, which nobody will click on because of how awful the domain name is.

But Free allegiance.org is crappy.....

^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th December 2020 - 01:01 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft