Dome's Blog

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

I WON'T WORK AT A CALL CENTER

Posted by Dome, Dec 22 2009, 06:03 PM

Why are all even semi-entry level IT jobs $#@!ING CALL CENTERS.

The only ones that aren't require call center experience!?

I HAVE CALL CENTER EXPERIENCE ALREADY AND I WON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Standing there in the narrow hallway, looking into the small windowless room with five headsetted techs there, some holding their heads in their hands, a familiar wave of nausea hit me and I GOT THE HELL OUT OF THERE.

Portland is dead. Don't move here if you want a job. I might move back to LA. Sigh

Comments

pkk, Dec 22 2009, 06:08 PM

Have you tried turning it off and on again? laugh.gif

Dome, Dec 22 2009, 06:12 PM

yeah or... " YOU HAVE TO TYPE THE @ SYMBOL AND NOT TYPE THE WORD 'AT' PLEASE TRY IT AGAIN."

notjarvis, Dec 23 2009, 04:38 AM

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

smile.gif

Waltz, Dec 23 2009, 03:11 PM

You will wind up back here. LA is like a vortex, here for the crushing of dreams.
Mwahahahah! death.gif

kramari, Dec 23 2009, 05:06 PM

Well I work in tech support and I know what you mean but it is just a student job for me. Good luck!

Dorjan, Dec 23 2009, 09:02 PM

My first entry level IT job was in house IT support.

A call out was because a lady needed to reset her computer to finish an install but clicked "restart later" and then turned off her monitor then back on again.

*sigh*

Web development is my 2nd job.

Death3D, Dec 24 2009, 08:19 AM

I'm guessing it's 'retarded-level trial-by-fire problem solving' entry level. Hence the face-in-hands thing. Ah, the wonderful rites of passage of nature.

HSharp, Dec 24 2009, 02:24 PM

You could always work as a gigolo. What type of job are you looking for exactly?

TheBored, Dec 26 2009, 12:51 AM

Have you seen the Brittish show "The IT Crowd"? Assuming you don't have flashbacks of your time at the call center, you'll love it wink.gif

TB

ImmortalZ, Dec 26 2009, 02:09 AM

I worked callcenter Techsupport on and off until I got this network/systems admin gig. The funny part is that it is pretty much the same thing. Except I get more valuable experience.

Dome, Dec 26 2009, 02:28 AM

QUOTE (HSharp @ Dec 24 2009, 11:24 AM)
You could always work as a gigolo. What type of job are you looking for exactly?

Ideally I would like to join a networking firm that would have me go out in the field and plan/implement networks for small businesses. I have had the opportunity to interview for one such job but was passed up for someone with more experience.

At least, I want an IT related job that isn't call center and pays more than $10american/hr.

The search continues. I might have to take an internship at Northrup Grumman which means moving to LA... but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Merry Xmas in the meantime!

ImmortalZ, Dec 27 2009, 07:21 AM

Hey! There is a department at my work who do exactly that. But you won't be paid anywhere close to that kind of money though. sad.gif

I'm paid like USD 200 a month. tongue.gif

Death3D, Dec 30 2009, 12:12 AM

The answer to every question is 'go to India'.

« Next Oldest · Dome's Blog · Next Newest »