POOK'S EVIL LAIR

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 

Where in the World is Pooky Santiago?

Posted by Pook, Aug 7 2007, 09:10 PM

What started as a "Real Life Work keeping me too busy" has turned into "Officially Semi-Retired."

I believe that Tiger has most of the keys that were mine to share, and at this point I'm going to be out of the day-to-day management of the community. Tiger, BV, Dogbones have multiple ways to contact me should I be needed and of course do what I can in order to support the community. I still believe, even if I no longer have the drive.

To answer a couple of quick Questions Answered:

PCII: If you want to use PCII as a building block or whatever, go for it. All I ask is that if your intention is to take over development of PCII itself (not creating a spin off) that you email me.

ASGS: I'll continue to provide updates to ASGS as needed but I won't be actively updating the product.

Thal: I have no idea where Thal is. smile.gif

I've shut off my PM Inbox to prevent people from thinking they're being ignored. All administrative requests should go to Tigereye or Thal. If you need to contact me, you can do so via Pooky@Freeallegiance.org.

Cheers,
Pooky

mrgreen.gif

Account Unlink? What's that?!?

Posted by Pook, Apr 12 2007, 08:52 PM

ASGS Build 155 was just released. The first time it's run on any computer, it will show the following warning:

Unlinking accounts is going to be a lot more rare from now on. (Hopefully)

Updates

Posted by Pook, Apr 6 2007, 06:51 PM

Nothing Major, just a few updates to blog about.

First, I increased the maximum callsign length to 12 from 10 characters. Please do not spam TE in an effort to get your existing callsigns reset so that you can create a new 12 character one. Doing this makes you a stinker.

Second, I released a couple of new ASGS builds over the last few days. This was primarily to introduce Vista support for 64 bit versions so they could sign in.

Newbie Server Warning

Posted by Pook, Mar 22 2007, 09:05 AM

Ksero suggested recently that I send an automatic message to players when they should no longer be playing on the newbie server.

So, I did just that. Whenever a player is logging in and their rank goes from < 8 (Novice/Newbie) to >= 8 (Intermediate +) they will see the following ASGS message:

** NOTICE ** : Your rank has progressed from Novice to Intermediate. You are no longer permitted to play on the newbie server. Any veteran playing on the newbie server will be automatically banned for 12 hours by the ASGS System.

So now the only excuse would be "I never read those!"

mrgreen.gif

EDIT: I just found out that Commander101 sent me the same suggestion a week ago. Apparently it disappeared into the avalanche that is my PM inbox.

The end of the rotating Limas

Posted by Pook, Mar 21 2007, 11:01 PM

A short while ago someone had asked me about referrers to this site. While I was looking at the logs I noticed that the script that rotated my avatars was in the list. I went back recently to check on it - it was the #2 url for the entire site and the #4 bandwidth user!!

Needless to say, it looks like the limas are going to have to be static for awhile. Our new host is super picky about resource usage, and I can't see using it for Vanity.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to change them up often.

smile.gif

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   

Big Avatar

IPB Image

Who's Angry at Pook

Number of people
I've pissed off today

IPB Image
Idiots pissed off