POOK'S EVIL LAIR

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Pook Who?

Posted by Pook, Oct 19 2007, 02:29 PM

Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd poke my nose in to say hello. I (finally and after a little nagging) delivered some new ASGS bits to Tiger yesterday to allow the updater to work for beta components, we chatted a bit, and I realized how long it's been so I thought I'd post a quick update.

The new ASGS Update, which you may not actually see for awhile, is something you mostly won't care about at all. The difference is that now when you're helping to beta test and you're told a file doesn't match - it can repair it. No more hunting for updaters or downloads.

Have Fun,
Pook

Comments

pkk, Oct 19 2007, 02:52 PM

BTW, thx for you help at AllegCon Germany II. wub.gif

Padre, Oct 19 2007, 07:05 PM

*grabs Pooks nose*

You can still play with a hider, you're still addicted. mrgreen.gif

Thanks for everything Pook, hope life is smooth sailing.

*lets go of Pooks nose*

terrenblade, Oct 19 2007, 09:05 PM

On behalf of beta testers, Thanks Awfly for the update smile.gif

anychance of a linux version of ASGS anytime?

Noble, Oct 20 2007, 02:26 AM

Heya Pook,

Just got back myself, it has been a while... Good to see your still kickin.

Death3D, Oct 20 2007, 10:50 AM

I Salute your dedication, slight as it may be, for it comes even after so much time. Thank you, Mr. Pook, sir.

badp, Oct 21 2007, 08:56 AM

Great news! I was just starting to curse at ASGS' repair function.

Cookie Monster, Oct 23 2007, 04:23 AM

QUOTE(terrenblade @ Oct 20 2007, 03:05 AM)
anychance of a linux version of ASGS anytime?

Pretty pleaaaseeee? wub.gif smile.gif

ImmortalZ, Oct 23 2007, 06:20 AM

ASGS will never come to linux in its current incarnation. Well, atleast not until Microsoft releases the .NET libs on Linux - the chances of which are next to nil. Maybe Tigereye/InsertProgrammingGuruHere can write a new ASGS app for linux, but don't hold your breath for it.

Grimmwolf_GB, Oct 24 2007, 03:54 PM

It is a damn shame. Thanks to my work I now fully appreciate the advantages Linux has to offer. Sadly I have to use Windows at home... (All the games I play don't like LInux)

terrenblade, Oct 25 2007, 05:56 PM

QUOTE(ImmortalZ @ Oct 23 2007, 07:20 AM)
ASGS will never come to linux in its current incarnation. Well, atleast not until Microsoft releases the .NET libs on Linux - the chances of which are next to nil. Maybe Tigereye/InsertProgrammingGuruHere can write a new ASGS app for linux, but don't hold your breath for it.

Well yes, what I would love to see is an ASGS analog for the linux system. So I can dump my last MS product and be happy.

Gandalf2, Nov 20 2007, 03:38 PM

QUOTE(terrenblade @ Oct 25 2007, 10:56 PM)
what I would love to see is an ASGS analog for the linux system. So I can dump my last MS product and be happy.

Apart from allegiance, that is. wink.gif

« Next Oldest · POOK'S EVIL LAIR · Next Newest »

Big Avatar

IPB Image

Who's Angry at Pook

Number of people
I've pissed off today

IPB Image
Idiots pissed off