I'm a FAZ Dev for Allegiance, I've been playing since closed beta in 1998 (thanks to Mouser!). Wherever and whenever I can help out new folks get up and running with the source code, I'm on it. I keep myself busy in SVN but I will always take time to try and apply your patch file! So send 'em in! If you're interested in contributing to Free Allegiance, read Downloading_and_building_the_source to get started.
E-mail : imagotrigger(at)gmail.com
IRC : #alleg on Quakenet.
Early source contributions
Before FAZDev and Thalgor's SVN there was TheRealZenin's CVS & the misc_branch:
- bug 9 bug 13 chat area/console enhancements - resolved.
- Internationalization fix for the root make file, allows compiling on non-US locale Windows installations.
- Artwork dependency on awk.exe resolved.
- Mdl, Qhull, and Mesh project make file fixes.
- Shadowswitcher changed to support an actual beta lobby.
- Encryption of the ticket on the client is complete using aes.dll.
- Decryption of the auth request on the web-server from the lobby/fedsrv is complete.
- AZ Legacy squads/user profile fixes.
- ZoneTickets make a come back!
- FedSrv and AllLobby now have HTTP client support ala http.dll.
- AZ Legacy complete w/o profile support.
- Mission stats for stand-alone servers can now be sent using the built-in HTTP client at the end of a game.
- AllClub fixes.
- The Readme.html was created at http://freeallegiance.sourceforge.net to help get others building.
- Support for closed source library/implementation inclusion via cust.h complete.
- bug 36 AFK tag resets after game end - updated.
- bug 28 Replace asgs/sovlogin with internal authentication - work begins.
- Fixed a bug in AllSrvUI when the server has a max player limit > 32.
- Removed debugging asserts for cores/maps created with ICE - these should be put back when all cores/maps are created with AllSrv.
- bug 8 Remove talking to enemy constructors - resolved.
- Enhancement to stand-alone servers to allow multiple missions using different cores and custom maps to be started using the DefaultGames() functionality.
- Stand-alone servers dump mission stats at the end of a game (when the mission owner sets stats count) to a binary file for later processing.
- Removed excess binary baggage (from misc-branch only) for smaller checkouts.
- AllLobby fixes for GameInfoServers functionality. Allows lobby & server status reporting via UDP broadcasts.
- Stats for stand-alone server work begins.
- Fixed a bug in the Make files when the logged in username had a space in it.
- Hack to allow Allegiance Zone modes without Zone Authentication (for Aarmstrong).
- Builds now play a noise when they are done.
- Retail build slims down exe/dll sizes and writes them to the %FEDROOT%/Objs/Retail/ directory.
- Makefile support for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 complete.
- Removed ZoneAuth classes which were not included in the original source distribution to get almost everything compiling.
. * . * ________________ _ . ____ * * . . . <-_______________|*) . ___==/ \==___ . * ~. * | | ~ --==================-- . * * . . | | * / ^/ --=====-- . . . . ______|_|____/___/ . . . * . * . () . ==__ ....^T/_ . . . .* . . * --___________|\~ . *. . . . . * . . * . Thanks to Eugene Ball, Rick Rashid & MSRG.