Error: 'The Autoupdate process failed to finish.'
Outdated content This page does not reflect the current state of things.
Some information within this article is either obsolete, hasn't been updated in a long time, incomplete, or otherwise invalid.
After clicking Launch on ASGS (or you're starting Allegiance without ASGS), the following error message pops up:
Details of problem
Allegiance crashed during autoupdate process. It's hasn't found specific files within Allegiance's AutoUpdate folder.
Warning! The following section or part of it requires you to change the Windows Registry.
This operation is potentially destructive and needs to be carried out with great care. If you are not very confident with Windows, you may want to consider alternative methods, if available.
- If you are using Windows XP or older, select "Run" in your Start menu, typing , and hitting .
- If you are using Vista or newer, press the Windows button, type and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Allegiance\1.0On 64 bit OS you need to navigate to he following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Allegiance\1.0If you got that issue with FAZ Beta go to folder instead of .
- Change DWORD value from to and press to accept changes.
- Restart Allegiance and try to run Autoupdate again.